We need your help to cure people of hepatitis C and improve their quality of life
Hep C affects the liver and, if left untreated, can cause serious liver disease and liver cancer.
Because hep C can have little or no symptoms for a long time, many people do not know that they have the virus.
In Australia, it is estimated that over 182,000 people are living with hep C. That is almost enough people to fill the Melbourne Cricket Ground (seating and standing) twice over.
A simple blood test
can tell if you have hep C
New, safe and very effective
treatment can cure hep C
Live and enjoy life free
from the worry of hep C
Help us to help people to live a life free from the worry of hep C.
how can i help improve the health of people living with hep c?
· If you know someone who may have been exposed to hepatitis C, encourage them to speak to their doctor about a
· If you know someone who has hep C, encourage them to speak to their doctor about a cure.
· Start a conversation about hep C, let people know that it can be cured.
· Download a poster (see below) and display it in your workplace.
· Spread the message that hep C can be cured.
where can i learn more about hep c?
· Read the hep C factsheets on this website.
· Phone the National Hepatitis Info Line
1800 437 222